The first Friday of October at our boys' elementary school is traditionally known as 'Muffins For Moms' day. As I've attended the event over the years, this being year 4, I've come to realize 2 important things.
1) No matter how much food is placed before them and no matter what they pick to put on their plate, they rarely eat more than half of it.....and usually I don't either because I'm busy trying to get them to eat their food!!!
2) Yes, it is called Muffins For Moms, but what it's really all about is something entirely different. Leading up to the event, my boys are pressing to make sure I am going to be in attendance. 'Of course I am', I tell them, wouldn't miss it. So why then, as soon as they have sat next to me for about, oh, a minute and a half..just long enough to eat maybe 10 bites of what is on their plates, do they run for the hills and take off with anyone who walks by that seems vaguely interested in playing?! 'So long, see ya' boys, thanks for eating with me on such a special day.....' Kids, I tell ya.....At least they stuck around long enough to get a picture with me!
Knowing of course that not all students have moms that can come, it is open to other women of importance to attend-Catalena brought her sister. Alix is not a morning person and I'm glad she made the effort to get up early that day to attend with Catalena!
Kind of odd knowing that next year there will be no Gregory or Jacob in the picture...they'll be in middle school. Boo-hoo......I don't want to think much about that yet.
2 comments:
I'm sure it was a hard day for Catalena. I'm glad her sister was able to come.
It's hard to believe the boys are less than a year away from middle school.
Funny they run off when someone better comes along. Love that!
Pretty pic of Catalena and her sis.
Post a Comment