Saturday, October 3, 2009

All that stuff

I think 'stuff' is putting it nicely, but remember it all......all over my couches, lining the hallway, on the kitchen counters? Well, this weekend was the twins club sale and after cramming the back of a F-350 truck bed and the extended cab....I came home with just 2 moving boxes full! Kind of funny as we were doing the clean-up, someone stopped by my boxes and asked who was selling all that stuff....then they found out it was me and said 'Ooooooh'. They remembered I have a handful (literally) of kids and THAT'S why I was selling so much crap-I mean stuff. If they knew how much I brought, they'd actually be pretty impressed!

So one weekend cleared and now it is on to getting ready for the Fall Festival at the boys' school. I'm on the PTA and am in charge of prize detail. Kind of fun to order all that stuff. Last year I suggested we have different prizes for different games and it went over well! Before the change it was the same, dare I say junk, at every game. Now there is incentive to go play all the carnival games in order to win different prizes. In truth it could still be called junk, but it is more expensive junk!! Some of the selections include themed rubber duckies, mini-Slinky's, mini-bubbles, tattoos, punch balls, silly nose/eyeglasses, Chinese finger-traps...... So here we go for round #2. Hope it is just as well received!

I'm really beginning to feel like I'm running the hurdles.....as soon as I clear one, here comes another one looming, just ready to trip me up. I only hope they space themselves out a little more!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ha Ha! After Fall comes ALL that baking that you put yourself through!!!! I don't know when you ever sleep!!!

The Wades said...

I'm also hurdling away. Yep, the junk sounds lovely.