I can distinctly remember doing this exact same thing years ago...many years ago unfortunately...at Girl Scout Camp. I'm pretty sure that the worry of potentially starting a grass fire or catching something else on fire was NOT on my mind. Nor was scorching ants (my boys don't actually do that but we recently watched the movie Ant Bully and this reminded me of it). However, as a mom, I think about that possibility quite a bit when the same tools are in the hands of my 10 and 7 year old boys. The tools? A magnifying glass and the sun. Hours of entertainment, so long as something agreed upon by myself and the child is available to, what should I call it, burn?
I'm not too worried though.....check out the cool safety glasses Gregory found to wear. Other than being slightly colored, I'm not sure they are going to save his eyes but it's the thought that counts. He looks so grown up in this picture. Well, at least I think he does!!
2 comments:
Wow, that pretty cool (actually it would be hot wouldn't it!).
They call him Greg at school?!! You stand for this? I thought you were opposed to that. Crazy. Robin and I were talking about that the other day.
What a cool design. That boy has some patience. And yes, he looks grown up. They're getting old fast.
Post a Comment