If it's not school related, it's scout related, and if it's not scout related, it's school related. Redundant, I know, but it's true.
Then there's the guilt of figuring out who to ask, who to give the order form to, who to burden with the decision to say yes or no, who isn't already trying to sell the same stuff! It can be a financial pit, I know, but it's true.
And living in the rural area that we do, we can't even go door to door to plead with people we know to help support the cause. Pathetic, I know, but it's true.
The time has come....bombardment time. It's popcorn sales for cub scouts and magazine sales for school. Popcorn typically wins out. Last year the boys sold about $300 worth of popcorn....and that's a COMBINED total from all 3. Lame, I know, but it's true!
See, the thing of it is, the majority of our friends are in the same position we are-fundraisers in their own homes and many children to spread it out between. So this year the cub scout pack is trying out something a new. Not new in the sense it's never been done before, just new to the pack in general. 'Show and sell'. Our kids might earn more than they did last year...because they are so darn cute that surely folks can't resist them. Biased, I know, but it's true!
First, the boys show customers their scouting pride and cute boy smiles: E on the left, G on the right
And then, they try and sell the customers on the goods....check out J in action: "And this is my personal favorite because my mom won't eat it, so I actually have a chance to eat some myself" So sad that my 10 year old has to think that way, but it's true!
2 comments:
That's so funny!! Jas was craving caramel and super cheesy popcorn the other day, and I thought those tins only came out around Christmas! If yall were closer, we would totally donate to the cause! Bless your heart, fund-raising is such a beating.
I'm dying to know: How were the nuggets? You won't hurt my feelings if they hated them! ;0)
You can count on me to buy some popcorn. I can't turn down a cute Boy Scout or two or three. :)
Post a Comment