Monday, September 28, 2009

Announcing the arrival of.........

We proudly announce the arrival of our new monolithic child transport vehicle named (drum roll please)
WHITE LIGHTENING!!!!
It's um, quite a bit taller than me!
Now ask me how I feel about driving this thing. I don't think I know quite yet. The thought of parking it scares me....waaah! Actually backing out of the parking space scares me more. I think I'll be the white van parked out in Timbuktu. Please, when you drive by, leave me a note...and a drink...and a snack since we'll be famished after our hike back to the van.Thankfully we have other vehicles that I will still be driving. This will NOT be my primary vehicle of choice!! Insanity that we have come this far and purchased such a large vehicle, but honestly, we just did NOT fit well in the mini-van anymore. And heaven forbid if we ever wanted to take any EXTRA kids with us, like Catalena!!

And of course then there's the whole 'he's leaning on me, he's looking over my shoulder, she's touching me, his stuff is in my way'...that *drive me crazy while I'm driving* kind of behavior. So, how does this big ol' van solve those problems? Well, it originally started out as a 15 passenger van but has been converted to a 10 passenger-all captains chairs. We purchased 2 additional seats so it actually can seat 12. The super cool thing is that the seats can be moved around to different configurations. It shipped to us this way but we've already planned how to move it around. There are another 3 seats in front of the last 2 in the above picture-of which the middle one will come out along with that first one on the left and one or two in the back. Each child should hopefully be in a 'touch free' zone!!

The boys were super excited to come home and see it in the drive. Before you report us to Child Protective Services...keep in mind that we live on a dirt road and he drives really slow when the kids are in the truck bed. They've only fallen out once...I am so joking, really, I am, I promise. (BTW, this is the truck I learned how to drive with....and wrecked) We are 'pimpin' our van...changing out the steel rims to alloy, getting a nice dash mat, eventually we'll add some visual stuff to the outside (no, NOT hand prints like a daycare van, Heather!) so it'll look a little less shuttle-van-ish.....for those of you laughing at me already! We are also saying good-bye to any extra garage space we had! It pretty much takes up the whole length of the garage. Things, they are a changin'!! If you neeed a ride, we've got space!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Whoa, Nelly! :0)
LOVE that no one can touch! I fear that day is approaching for us soon!

Anonymous said...

WOWSERS!!!! That is one heck of a vehicle....(have to say I am a bit jealous though!)

Karen

Heather said...

Dumbo wants to know when White Lightning can come out and play. ;)

Melissa said...

How did you convert it to captain's chairs? We have a 12 passenger van and would LOVE to do that!

The Wades said...

I read this yesterday but failed to mention what I fine looking hooptie I think you're soon to be sporting! Too funny!!!

Regina said...

nothing says 'we are Catholic' like a 15 passenger van!! pretty soon you will be homeschooling!
r