I totally feel like I have fallen off the blogging wagon. Not too long ago, I used to post just about everyday. And I looked forward to it! Fast forward to today, right now, this evening, as I sit surrounded by piles of stuff that surely need my attention more than the blog...and well, post I must.
After all, this is supposed to be for posterity, right? So years from now I guess I'll really appreciate my dedication to documenting our crazy days and attitudes, right? Darn well better....
The computer has thrown me for a couple loops-I've had to re-introduce myself to the old computer, learn it's idiosyncrasies and forge on ahead. I was all ready to post about the Brad and Dierks, but after downloading about 25 short videos taken with one of our cameras, I discovered that there aren't speakers plugged into this computer-go figure-so I can't really pick the best videos to post....yet. Skip Brad, on to soccer. College soccer.
Last week we took the kids to a UNM men's soccer game. It was a league sponsored night and we were hoping more of our team would make it, but we had a good time with the ones that did show! Not everyone made it in the picture either....


Yes, it was that cold. I needed that heavy jacket.....really....
Who knows where J and E were, but Catty and G posed with Louie
Lobo, or
Lobo Louie...
UNM's team mascot.

And while I don't think I actually took any pictures of the game, I did get a picture of this:
Eric making himself comfy while listening to some horribly obnoxious bongo drummers...or whatever you call these guys....they played the ENTIRE time. I don't think I've muttered 'just SHUT UP' under my breath that many times before. Really, I can't tell you what purpose they served......they weren't even in rhythm with each other. I highly doubt they'll ever read this and if any of you know them, sorry, but they really were highly irritating. Just keepin' it real.
And also a picture of this: Eric scavenging for soda can insulators left behind by fraternity and sorority people that had been sitting to our left. He even found several full AND sealed soda cans. Pack Rat to the max.
And here he is emptying cans he found that were open, into the garbage and then securing the loot. I can only imagine what strangers thought that were watching him......
Jacob thought they made good gloves-kinda like the 'Michael Jackson no fingers' kind of gloves.

After all was said and done, I think we decided that the parents should attend a game WITHOUT the soccer players. I'm not even sure they watched the game more than 5
minutes at a time...or maybe even total. Organized sports and kids...never a dull moment. At least no one fell down the bleachers.........
1 comment:
Cracking up! Nothing says "soccer" like some bongos??!?! Whose genius idea was that! Bless your heart!
Other than that it looked fun! :0)
Post a Comment