A couple weeks ago the boys participated in the cub scout Raingutter Regata. Our pack uses it as the kick off to the scouting year and boy, does it seem like it was over a month ago....geez!
They each received the kit for their boats and then painted them. Our boys get into the Pinewood Derby much more so than souping up their boats...but they still like to paint the boats and name them!
Eric went first-he named his boat 'The Sinker'- hmmm, not exactly a name I'd give my sailboat but all's fair in scouting!

His wasn't very fast, or he wasn't blowing hard enough, or he was blowing too hard...too many variations......Jacob named his 'The Cruiser'

He made it a round farther than Eric, same issues I suppose! Gregory named his 'Stripes'

I just think cars are more their thing......and they were actually more excited about what followed the races-WATER FIGHT!! They wore swim suits because they intended to get very wet. And they did! Bill even wore HIS swimsuit-he's dousing G in this picture

Laurel...she has no fear of running with the boys. I wonder if that should concern me....

Catalena was good to get in on the action too-

Bill and the 'super soaker'

Luke's specialty squirt gun weighed as much as he did when it was loaded I think...but he still tried!

I see you, do you see me?

Cub Scouts= Learning, playing, family, FUN!
3 comments:
So fun!
And love, love, love the fact that L looks so chic out! Gotta love a girl who can fight dirty in a dress!
I love seeing Laurel in her pretty dress keeping up with those boys...what do you expect - four brothers!!!
Super fun day. Perhaps we should have given Scouting more of a try.
Post a Comment