Out of the 9 of us that went to SDC, only 3 liked roller coasters. That would be me, my mom and Jacob. Eric tried one and then thought differently. I'm pretty sure Luke will join our little party when he gets bigger. For now, the 3 of us took on the big ones-Powderkeg and Wildfire.
Powderkeg starts off by catapulting you uphill at nearly 70 miles an hour.......with a top speed of 87 mph.

Wildfire, on the other hand, gracefully pulls you up a very large hill before releasing you down a VERY steep drop. Here we are waiting......getting nervous!

And getting buckled in....really wondering what we got ourselves into. You know it might be bad when riders choose to take their shoes off for fear of losing them on the ride!

And away we go.....

Turns out we liked it SO MUCH.....

That we convinced Jacob to join us. Here we are mid-ride, row 3

Besides my mom, he is my most favorite roller coaster buddy!! Way to go kiddo-

We decided he earned himself a shirt to prove it. And it was on clearance. Just keepin' it real.

It had been quite a while since the last time I rode a roller coaster and I forgot that there are major differences between different coasters. After riding Powderkeg and Wildfire, I have decided I prefer rides that make a slow climb and then drop you, rather than the ones that catapult you nearly out of your seat from the get go. And loops? Love em'. Little boys that ride coasters with their moms? Love em' even more!
3 comments:
Mark got me hooked on rollercoasters too...and now Sophia LOVES them! Great pics!Those look like awesome coasters!
Oh My!!!.....I have trouble on the Frog Hopper!!
Janet
I love loops too! You are seriously making me want to head back to Branson!
Post a Comment