Monday, July 6, 2009

Guns and caves

Not to be confused with Guns 'N' Roses now......nope, I'm talking laser guns and big caves. All courtesy of Silver Dollar City, which I will be abbreviating to SDC from here on out cause' it's just too much to type.
This ride reminded me of the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disney, although slightly less neonish but way more humid. The Flooded Mine was an instant favorite. Can you figure out why?
Yeah, don't mess with her. No worries though, she finished with a whopping ZERO points. Her aim was pretty bad!
Directly under SDC is a huge cave over 600 feet deep. Let me tell ya', the climb down over 700 steps was well worth the cool 65 degree cave temperature! Upon returning to the surface, the humid, sweaty, 100 degree surface, we found ourselves smack dab in the middle of the gift shop. Nice planning SDC. However, it was OK
because it helped us with another vacation tradition. Crazy hat wearing......Not a hat, but still crazy....

You're going to be pretty tired of hearing about our vacation by the time I get through it...you forget I am a picture phanatic....but I have to remind myself that the first priority of this blog is for it to be documentation of our lives and all the stuff we do...so bear with me!

*Update on Catalena's mom-unfortunately, sadly, Melissa was told that her cancer is terminal. It is stage 4 and spreading fast. Her liver is failing and hospice has entered the picture. SHe has been given anywhere from weeks to 2 months. Our kids know and we are doing our best to do what we can to help Catalena, Melissa and her parents. They are such a loving family and it is so sad that such a fantastic, warm, sweet, loving friend, daughter and mother is having to endure all that comes with the knowledge that death is near. Please, please keep them in your prayers. Ask that God gives Melissa the time she needs to be with Catalena, that Catalena knows how many love her and for Melissa's parents that they will have the strength to keep going while watching their daughter slowly fade away. God brought us together 4 years ago for a reason and I pray it brings Melissa some peace today.

2 comments:

The Wades said...

The story of Melissa and Catalena breaks my heart! Of course going like that, with my children so young, is one of those things I worry about from time to time. Actually hearing someone experience that breaks my heart. I will definitely pray.

I'm not sick of hearing about your vacation--I rather enjoy it--it's so much easier for me to experience a family vacation this way than to actually haul my four kiddos on one such adventure. Maybe next time I can help plan where I, I mean you guys, should go.

Love the hats.

The Wades said...

sorry i wrote "breaks my heart" twice in the above comment. really though, sad stuff.