We left yesterday at noon for Lubbock. I went to Catalena's grandparent's house to say good- bye to her and tell her we'd be home in 2 days. I sat with Melissa and told her where we were going and that I'd be back in 2 days. I told her to rest well and I'd see her Sunday night. I gave her a kiss and told her I loved her. Even though she didn't respond, I know she has heard these past several days.
This morning my cell phone rang at 8:15 Texas time, 7:15 home time. Melissa had passed away at 5:45 am. Bless Catalena's sweet heart. She wanted to tell me herself but let Cindy do it and then talked to me after.
It's call I knew would come. A call Cindy knew she would have to make at some point. A call I prayed would wait for us to be at home. A call that meant Melissa was at rest and at peace and free of the past 7 years of health issues. But it doesn't mean it was an easy call to make even though it meant the end to her suffering. No parent wants to say good bye to their child, no grandparent wants to see their grandchildren suffer such sadness and loss. And no friend wants to see the day that either of those have to happen. I am greatful that my mom was able to go over to their house and give some comfort to Catalena.
Please continue to keep Catalena, her sister Alex, her grandparents Cindy and Rob and all those whose lives Melissa touched, in your thoughts and prayers.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this! You are such a wonderful friend and Catalena and her family are blessed to have you in their lives. I will be praying for all of you!
Janet
My heart is heavy with this sad news. Catalena and her family will be in my prayers.
Post a Comment