Thursday, July 16, 2009

What's in Lubbock?

We're headed there tomorrow. Fun times. For years we have been going there, ever since I was a small child. One weekend a year for a family business annual meeting. There's lots of dirt, farms, cows, restaurants, Tech fans, college students, county roads, family, memories and a fun loving high school friend that I can't wait to see!

Katie! I am so looking forward to seeing her and hearing her cute little acccent even though she SWEARS she doesn't have one! It's a quick trip and I am thrilled to have the chance to catch up with her. I found one of my yearbooks this evening and I was searching for something in particular. She wrote me a message in my yearbook.....partially in French.....I used to know French, barely (3 years of it in high school..can't remember much if ANY). I think I need her to translate!

Study up girl, the yearbook is coming with me! See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

KT said...

hmm! I am intrigued! I can't imagine what I wrote. *Cross your fingers* that I can translate...although I ended up getting a minor in French, I'm very rusty. :)

Absolutely cannot wait to see you!

As for your "What's in Lubbock?" You pretty much covered everything. LOL.

....and I so DO NOT have an accent. QTip your ears before leaving tomorrow. ;)

Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Another trip?? Ahhh...sounds like fun! Have a great time!!

Janet

The Wades said...

Yes, the annual trip. I don't know how you keep going.

Anne said...

One of my best friends from college grew up in Lubbock- what school/ year were you???? How crazy if we know some of the same people! :0)