Many might think that the logistics of traveling cross country with 5 kids would be the most stressful part of family vacations. Oh no. That's not it at all. It's the 'I need to spend my vacation money now' syndrome. It's really hard to hold the kids off til' the end of the trip, but if we didn't, their money would be gone by the time we hit the freeway. In our own city.
Today was shopping day. SIGH. But they are all happy.....for the moment. And here is the list:
Gregory:
Bag of marbles for friend at school
string puppet (think Pinocchio) that is a calico cat (reminds him of the cat we used to have, Callie)
cool necklace
$$ in his wallet for the 5 and dime store we'll hit tomorrow
key chain (he collects them)
I think I missed something......
Jacob:
Bag of marbles, 2 bags actually
Hand blown glass dog
cool necklace
Croc key chain
shell with White Water written on it (water park)
Eric:
Stuffed Labrador puppet...looks like Parker
cork pop gun from SDC
Luke:
Flip Flop key chain 'I Love Luke' I think a girl should be carrying it, but he liked it....so be it!
puppy dog puppet (like G's)
green rock
big marble
Cool hand made pillow sham from Silver Dollar City quilting store....has trains on it
Laurel:
2 dresses from same quilting store....cute!
'Princess' croc keychain
rag doll
pink rock
Black horse puppet (like G and L's)
thoughts of lots of other things she 'wanted'
Us:
.....ummmm....debt? Car butt.....fast food gut.....No, more realistically, hundreds of pictures, happy kids and fun family memories.....and sore muscles from water skiing and jet skiing on AWESOME Table Rock lake!! Oh yeah, and our Christmas ornament, a family vacation tradition.
Tomorrow is our last day. We're filling it full, in our usual Barry style.....water park in the morning, swimming at my mom and dad's condo while Bill and I go see a show, dinner at a nice pizza place, visiting the famous, original 5 and dime store and lots of praying that the kids hold it together (as does the weather) to enjoy a fireworks show at night...obviously at night...duh! And then we'll end the day with cramming, shoving, cursing, sweating, zipping, unzipping.....
I can see where you are going with this and you are WAY off base....
......opening, shutting, stuffing, and sighing with relief at midnight as we finally get all our C**P back into the suburban and car boxes!! Wish us luck!
1 comment:
Quite a haul!
Hope they made it to happily watch the fireworks.
Post a Comment