Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hold my hand and have no fear.

'I Will Be Here' by Steven Curtis Chapman

This was the song we danced to as husband and wife for the first time. Those words are also engraved in Bill's wedding ring. The words have served us well for 14 years and have no doubt they will for MANY more to come.
One of our engagement photos

One of my favorite Bridal photos

Tomorrow morning if you wake up

and the sun does not appear

I will be here

If in the dark, we lose sight of love
Hold my hand, and have no fear
'Cause I will be here

I will be here

When you feel like being quiet

When you need to speak your mind I will listen

And I will be here

When the laughter turns to cryin'
Through the winning, losing and trying
We'll be together
I will be here


Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the future is unclear
I will be here


Just as sure as seasons were made for change
Our lifetimes were made for these years
So I will be here

I will be here

And you can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you
And I will be here
To watch you grow in beauty
And tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here
I will be true to the promise I have made
To you and to the One who gave you to me

Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the sun does not appear
I will be here
Oh, I will be here
(needlepointed by my mom to use as the ringbearers pillow. It's now beautifully framed and hanging in our hall.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my sweet daughter! You write so beautifully. And this brings tears to my eyes, just as my eyes were filled with tears of joy for you fourteen years ago. And I Will Be Here too!

Robin said...

You made me cry. I love that song. Reading the words while looking at your pictures just sent me over the edge! Happy anniversary! May the next 14 be just as special.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two! What a sweet post about a sweet couple! Love you guys! Janet

The Wades said...

Your mom saying she was tearing up made me tear up! Love her!

What a great tribute! Slightly better than Max and I did for each other, huh? ;)

Congratulations! Love ya