Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The day before the big day

Do you remember what you were doing 14 years ago? I sure do.

Getting ready to marry my high school sweetheart,
the man that would give me my forever rhyming name,
who gave me a hematoma on my leg when he sent a croquette ball into my shin,
who let me drive his car...that he LOVED,
who read all the notes I left him on his car,
who secretly passed me yummy desserts when he worked at the Olive Garden,
who, despite smelling like a breadstick all the time, was the cutest darn buser at the restaurant,
who kissed me the first time behind his parents brown van that was parked in the driveway,
who drove me home from college after I threw up outside the mechanical engineering building,
who stuck with me when I wanted 'a break'
who was my knight in shining armor from the moment I let him into my heart
who is my best friend
who I intend to spend forever with.

14 years ago we were on our way to our wedding rehearsal. I was 20, he was 21.....eeks!

Bill, Me and Coyote....a family friend....I had told my mom I liked her hair long, so she grew it out for the wedding....I don't know why I made her do that! But she wore it well.....The day before the rehearsal we had an attendants BBQ at my parents house and then went to Block Party for our version of a bachelor/bachelorette party. The whole idea of what those parties typically were made us cringe. We just weren't the type to enjoy those kinds of things!4 of my 5 girls wearing their neckaces as head gear!!! Peace, Love and Happiness, right?!Can't believe that 14 years have passed....tomorrow it'll be official!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Let's see, 14 years ago today I was chasing a one year old Zachary around.

Congrats on 14 years!

I think I had a dress out of that same fabric - only mine had a big white collar on it.

Karen said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Hope you guys have a wonderful day together and get to do something fun tonight (like dinner....where is your mind!) :) Karen

The Wades said...

Fourteen years ago I was just a month away from meeting my wonderful hubby! How cool to think back.

I LOVED your list. I love that your mom grew her hair out for you. I love that you are so good with your pictures. I seriously cannot tell you where one single wedding picture of us is. In fact, I never ordered any. We eventually bought the negatives and now they are probably melted in the attic! Ahhh. Now I'm stressed.