Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dog's day afternoon

I am so happy that 3 of my 5 have found a game that entertains them, and entertains them well. They can play it day after day for an hour plus at a time.

Any guesses? Don't let that Ninja Turtle sword scare you......
It's a pet game. One of them plays the owner, one plays the vet and one plays the doggy. Or, 2 play the doggy, or all 3 go owner-less and play the doggy. They load up play doctor toys, pretend food supplies, grab all their blankets and the laundry baskets.......which I often have to empty out on my bed since I haven't been so good about putting the clean stuff AWAY....and make themselves some beds and then the game begins. They use the baskets as their cages. If only that would really work!
On this particular day the three of them played so well together. Could be the fact that big brothers were out of the house the entire day....hmmm....but after a full day of COOPERATIVE play (which I was beginning to think was non-existent in our family) L and L ended up like this...

And I didn't even tell them to take a nap!

Maybe I'll get lucky and the condo in Branson will have a few spare laundry baskets? Yeah, that might be a little too wishful.

1 comment:

The Wades said...

What sweet siblings! Too bad I only have one laundry basket. What's wrong with me? Oh yeah, I have a micro laundry room!

Love sleeping pictures.