Do you remember that short lived show 'The Baby Borrowers'? Only if you're a reality TV watcher would you know what I'm talking about. Obviously I fit in that category because I do know what I'm talking about.....well, it doesn't relate to this post, but I liked how the name sounded close to the title of the post (and the show was a complete waste of time, so no worries if you missed it). O.K....moving right along-
So, last week, we enjoyed Heather's backyard. Yesterday, we enjoyed my friend Heidi's backyard and she has a pool! However, she tends to forget to turn the heater on, so it actually was a very COLD pool...but fun nonetheless. I did NOT get in, that's why I can say it was fun. The kids on the other hand were shivering ice cubes, but still had a good time.

The boys enjoyed fooling around with these stingray thing-a-ma-jigs. They are self propelled and pull you through the water. They will go whichever direction you point it......even down....

Laurel was all done up-she had on her life vest AND chose to sit in a floaty. I'm pretty sure she was too big for it but it made her happy! Luke was smart-he stood on the steps and assisted as needed but did not get fully wet. Smart boy.

Miss Catalena was with us for the day. She froze too but hung in there like a trooper! I think Michael Phelps is about the only one who can make goggles look good.

Gregory tried to turn the 'not' hot tub into his own personal pool. It didn't last long.

Laurel had fun playing with Heidi's little girl Aubrey. They are SO outnumbered by the boys! Heidi has twin boys that are 7. I'm glad they have each other!

I had to laugh at the end of the day as I recounted all the stuff I hauled with us. The day started with Laurel's ballet class, so that entailed her ballet and tap shoes and change of clothes for after; a huge bag filled with towels (6) bathing suits, diving rings, goggles, and sunscreen; my camera bag had to go of course, and that's not a small bag by any means. Add in the ice chest that held part of our lunch to share at Heidi's and snack bag too. I'm lucky the car had space for the kids! This was another one of our new summer days-we stayed at Heidi's until 4pm....last summer we would get to her house by 10 and leave by 12:30. Being able to stay longer helps since we live just about as far apart as we possibly can while still living in the same town! I love it!
*Please keep Catalena's family in your prayers. Her mom is in the advanced stages of cancer and we are unsure what the future will hold, or for how long that future may hold. Catalena has grown up with her mom being ill often and she handles it so well, but this time it is different. Her mom has multiple issues and she needs as many prayers as possible. Pray that Melissa finds peace with the information her doctors give her and that those doctors will remember that Melissa is a mother, a daughter, a friend...so much more than just a patient to treat. By the end of the week hopefully more answers will be revealed. Thank you for your prayers.*
1 comment:
Heartbreaking news. Will definitely add them to our prayers.
Cold pools are not for me! Isn't it funny how kids can have fun even in torture?
Post a Comment