Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not my usual M.O.

I am a mom.
I have my limits.
I say no.

Sometimes just because. That is a parental right, right? To say no 'because I said so'?

Well, I had been thinking about the whole 'say no too often' thing a few weeks back and then one of the blogs I read (We Are That Family....on the right over there on my blog list) touched on that very same thing a few days ago. And so, I'm trying to let go of a few things and say yes more often. Prime example....this afternoon. For some reason, my kids turning the hose/faucet on outside drives me crazy. Today I went with a 'whatever' attitude and they have been playing outside for over 90 minutes....


What could be better than water and sand? Not much from the looks of it.

I think she's been practicing her feet cleaning skills at ballet.......she kinda looks like this in ballet class sometimes!Typically I have the kids do quiet time in the afternoon, but since they have been playing, having fun, not arguing or screaming, I let them skip it today. Even the big boys went out to help. Abandoning 'no' can be such a good thing sometimes!

*Please continue to pray for Melissa, Catalena's mom. Her liver is beginnning to show signs of failing and she is feeling scared. Melissa is a person who has complete faith in God...but she is struggling right now to remain hopeful. Thank you*

1 comment:

The Wades said...

I've had the same thoughts myself. Claire asked if we could give Hank a bath the other day and I heard myself say yes!!! Can you believe it? And you know what, it was kinda fun.

Good job, super mom.