Come Friday, we will be on our way to Branson, Missouri for our family summer vacation.
Are we flying?
Are you kidding?
No, our mode of transportation is 4 wheels and a LOT of open road. We typically pull a 5 by 8 utility trailer to help haul all our *stuff* (putting it nicely) but not this time. This time we'll be pulling a trailer with jet skis. So my packing space has been severely reduced. Although Bill built a nifty contraption that attaches to the jet ski trailer and it has space to secure 2 car boxes, but still.......
It's stressing me out.
The freedom to take what we need, or think we may need, makes traveling with 7 people a little easier. Now I have to actually make choices.....of all things! So today I started with the essentials. Food to keep the animals quiet in the back of the car.....it's my only hope to make it through 12 hours straight of driving. And Luke would likely start eating his car seat if there wasn't a snack within arms reach at any given moment.
I take a lunch box per child and cram it full with as much as I can. Surely there will be SOMETHING in that box that will keep them happy for 5 minutes....at least....maybe longer if I'm lucky.
3 comments:
Ooh, that does sound hard being limited. At least the kids' tummies will be happy. Hope you have the best time. Can't wait to see all the pictures.
Of course you start the packing with the food. Who cares if the kids have clean clothes as long as their bellies are full!
Hey Cari, what is the snack in the top right corner of the last picture?
Post a Comment