Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My perfect weekend By Parker Barry

So, I sat by the door as usual. I could tell they were going somewhere...boy did I want to go too! I used my best puppy dog eyes, I think it worked because they said 'Get in the car Parker, let's go boy'. Well, they didn't have to ask me twice! I jumped into the back of that Sienna faster than you could say 'chicken poop'. It was a little cramped, but I did NOT care one bit....I was going to the lake with the family!!
I love that place but it always takes me a day to adjust. As soon as we get there Mom is always telling me to go pee....all right, all right mom, I will but it just doesn't SMELL right yet. I gotta make sure this is some quality dirt first. She warned me that if I woke her up at 5am she'd make me wet my bed cuz she wasn't getting up to let me out. I didn't believe her but when she glared at me at 5:15am I just spun around 3 times and went back to sleep quick. After all, I'd held it for 15 hours, what was another couple?

And then, the next day we went to another house....they had a friend for ME to play with! Sunny, she's quite a gal. She showed me around and I had a blast trekking around after my little people. Man, they do NOT sit still for long. It wiped me out! When we got back to our place I was about to burst a kidney and decided I really should pee, no matter what I thought of the dirt. Mom was really happy about that...you'd have thought I had given her a great present as excited as she was. Humans....they are so weird, but I sure love em'.
The best part of my weekend came on Sunday when I was allowed on the boat...oh, I was so ready!! I played fetch, I played fetch, I played fetch. And I actually have some skill with it now! They threw big sticks, little sticks, tree trunks...and I even tried to fetch some skipping rocks!

And the dirt/crushed rock stuff on the shore? Oh....it is the best stuff to roll in, wow! I went from yellow to brown in like 5 seconds flat!!The weekend couldn't have been any more fun.....new dirt to pee in, water to play in, rocks to roll in, boats to climb in, kids to run around after, sticks to fetch, gross stuff that mom told me not to eat but I ate it anyway, and a nice long drive home to sleep through! When do we get to go again?!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Thanks for sharing your weekend with us Parker. Sounds like you had a great time! I really must introduce you to Kona some time.

The Wades said...

Parker, Hank feels your joy. He just had another fabulous weekend at the ranch. Did you know he got to munch on cow and horse poop, a deer leg, and a dead jackrabbit? Yeah, I know--he's lucky. I can only imagine how much he'd love the lake. For now, he'll stick to poop ponds and water troughs. You should join him sometime.

Love,
One of Hank's humans