Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's officially...

Yep...it's officially. Officially summer! The first day of summer break has come and gone and we are no worse for the wear. We had a really fun weekend at the lake and that helped kick off the week. Usually we leave for our family vacation right after school gets out...like the DAY after school gets out, but not this year. We enjoyed a few days at the lake and have a few weeks to get ready for our family vacation.
The weather was iffy Saturday, so we hung out with our friends and the kids all played while Bill helped replace some windows that had been broken by a hail storm that went through the area several weeks ago. My parents place didn't have any window damage but we are waiting to find out about the roof. We have refrigerated air conditioning units in several of the rooms and one of the units had some pretty good dings and dents from the hail. We heard the hail was nearly golf ball sized....I am SO GLAD we weren't there for that storm. Hail scares the you-know-what out of me.
Our friend's place is right across from a big hill that has super rocks for climbing. The kids spent hours climbing and 'making houses'. Basically they scaveneged for trinket, be it trash or treasure, and incorporated the stuff into their game. Kids.......
They weren't very good at horseshoes but had fun trying!
Gregory too...altough he did hit the post a few times.Put this girl in any situation with other kids and new experiences and she is ALL smiles!

Sunday was a little better weather wise-for a few hours-so we headed out. And this is how they ride..... Laurel and her 'big girl' friend, as she so affectionately called Regina.Eric set out on a mission. One boy, one banana tube, one oar and a long journey to the other side of the cove. Why? To rescue a lost beach ball...left there by some other lake go-ers. He got there, all by himself and boy was he proud of it!

Beach Ball rescued! (funny thing, we forgot it there when we had to high tail it back to the dock because of a storm, but Bill and Jacob went back the next day and retrieved it!)
Jacob and Julia trying to stay on the float while Gregory tries to get them off!
One off, one to go. They were nice though and left her alone!
Now, I know what you may be thinking about these hats...I've thought it myself. 10 years from now they are going to ask us why we made them wear hats that made them look goofy, but I have to say they work well in keeping the sun off their faces.
Except of course when the wind is ferociously trying to blow it off their head......making them look like pirates. Jacob was sitting on his. Sure was keeping the sun off his face....NOT!
And proof that I was actually there-I convinced Luke to take a spin with me on the jetski as we headed in for the weekend.
I like this one...don't ask me why...he looks good in red though!
Tomorrow? Parker's time at the lake. He had a GOOD time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like sooo.. much fun! I can't wait for our school year to be over so we can enjoy some fun family time! Janet

The Wades said...

What a treat the lake has been for your family. I'm so glad you have that in your lives. And what great pictures!! Too cute. I love the shot of Gregory trying to dump them.

Bill does look good in the red--picture is a good one.