Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday after Mother's Day

I didn't get the time to make a proper Mother's Day post...so as the phrase says-
Better Late Than Never!
Reasons I love my mom:
1) She loves to iron
2) She loves to iron my clothes, my kids clothes...anything I ask her to iron, she'll iron it!
3) She teaches my kids piano
4) She knows more about computers than I do
5) If I can't find something on the internet, she can
6) She comes up with neat ways for my kids to pay tribute on special ocassions...Thanksgiving, birthdays, mother's day (see pictures below)
7) She can find the coolest places to visit/things to do in different cities....she needs to be a vacation planner for people...seriously, she can print out 15 pages of 'stuff to do' in 10 seconds flat!
8) Even on days when I feel like the most worthless, most inept parent, she tells me that I am a good mom and that Bill and I are good parents....
9) She makes weird food and let's us give her a hard time about it...even about food she made while Bill and I were dating.....
10) She lets me use her arts and crafts supplies at will
11) She fixes any of the kids clothes that have holes, missing buttons (yes, I can sew a button on, but I tend to procrastinate) or anything else wrong with them
12) She likes my friends
13) She helps out at all of our parties
14) She tried to water ski last year (and I bet she will again this year) even though it was really hard on her back...she was determined!
15) At any given moment I know I can count on her for anything!
Love you Mom!
Our traditional after church attempt at Mother's Day pictures...they actually came out pretty good this year!
These were waiting for me Sunday morning in the kitchen...I have no idea where he kept them!
24 red roses

Later in the afternoon the kids had a little performance for me (thanks to my mom). They spelled out MOM'S DAY and had words that went with each letter....sweet!

Then we enjoyed a BBQ dinner with my GrandmaAnd ended the night with a few gifts from Bill and the kids!!

And the perfect ending to a good day? I put them to BED!!! Ha!

2 comments:

Robin said...

You do have a great mom!!!

BTW - Did she ever make spaghetti squash? That's one thing my mom made that Renee and I and our hubby's still laugh about. And one thing I will never subject my kids too!

The Wades said...

Your mama is precious! Please tell her I said so!

And you're right--the pictures came out great. Happy Late Mother's Day to you both. :)