This past weekend Luke and Laurel had a great birthday party. I'm always a little hesitant to have the parties here....too much cleaning...but am always glad afterwards. I think they all had a good time! Here's Mr Luke checking out the party bags before the guests arrived-
We went with a crafty theme for the party. I made 4 different colors of play dough, divided it up evenly between all the kids and they each got a bag with 4 different colored balls of dough. This is what it looks like before it's cooked!
And I have no after picture, but you all know what play dough looks like...maybe even tastes like...gross?
I bought a bunch of feathers, raided our pantry and put out some different shaped pastas and all our play dough tools, raided my mom's craft room and put out some googly eyes and pipe cleaners. The kids had a lot of fun and let their creativeness run wild
A few of the creations........
We had to move it inside-the wind just wouldn't leave the candles lit!
I tried something a little different when it came time to open gifts. I always end up feeling so claustrophobic when the kids rush in while gifts are being opened, so this time I had L and L sit on the couch and then let the child whose gift they were opening sit between them. Seemed to work pretty well and 95% of the kids understood the concept. Made for good photo opportunities too! Here they are with their twin friends, Catherine and Chloe.
Miss Ashley Our neighbors
And just to prove our presence at the party, here we are! GG, Nana and Papa and Mommy and Daddy! Grandma and Grandpa couldn't be here since they were out of town.
Sheesh...was that a long post or what? Trust me, it took longer to post than it did to read, if that makes you feel any better!
1 comment:
I so know that feeling! I post for an hour and a half sometimes and then reread and think, "for that?!" I feel your pain, sister!
Party looks like it was a blast. Cute idea.
Post a Comment