Friday, April 24, 2009

Flashback Friday: That time of year!

We are LAKE BOUND!! Not warm enough yet to actually get IN the water, but warm enough to de-winterize the house and get things ready to go. The kids are super excited. We are leaving in a couple hours to go there for the weekend. The old swing set will hopefully be put together and provide some entertainment while we work on a few other projects. It's too bad the water isn't any warmer because I think it's supposed to be in the mid 80's this weekend.

This is a picture (of a picture..not a good one but it's in a collage and I was in a hurry...darn glare from the glass!) of my dad and I when I was about 4. We are at the lake and it is a proud moment....I actually LET GO of the ladder. I'm sure 2 seconds after it was taken my hands resumed their vice like grip on that ladder.
You see, I wasn't a super big fan of the lake when I was that little. However, my little girl LOVES the lake

She'd probably jump into the lake from the boat without a ladder. Dare devil girl! She's pretty fearless. So, we are without internet-perhaps a welcome relief from the constant 'check your e-mail, did you hear anything' lifestyle we are getting so used to. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Have fun! And that's an order!

Regina said...

wow, you 2 sure look alike! (you and your daughter, not u and your dad)
r

The Wades said...

You did have a twin yourself--she was just born a couple decades after you. Wow!

Love that picture w/ your daddy.

Hope the lake was fun.