Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just call them crabby

Here, in the land of crabby, a few long lost relatives found their way home.....
For Bill's birthday dinner we picked up a few crab legs at Sam's Club. It was also to celebrate the new season of Deadliest Catch, which starts tonight! So, of course there had to be SOME messing around!

You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose! An important lesson every child should learn.

I think everyone gave it a try, but the true crab lovers are Bill and Gregory. I was forced to try a bite....seafood just really isn't my thing!

And then it was on to presents. He's a tricky guy to buy for these days..... A bumber for the jetski so it doesn't bump against the boat when he comes alongside it, from my parentsA hodgepodge of stuff from CostPlus World Marketplace...from the kids and I. That's a fun store, dangerous too....stuff adds up way too quickly!

It was a pretty subdued birthday. He had a cubscout committee meeting and I had my first Bunco group get together. A friend invited me to join her group and I had a fun time......sorry honey...but I did win a nice plant. Too bad Bill isn't a botanist, he would have loved that for a birthday gift. Oh well.

And for those who might be wondering.....we are among you....there is still no news about the job Bill interviewed for 4, yes 4, weeks ago. 'Soon' is all we've been told. What else can we do but wait? Keep us in your prayers if you will.....pray we won't be nutso by the time we hear.

2 comments:

The Wades said...

Happy Birthday, Bill! That shot of him and the kids is great.

We'll pray more.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Bill!! Wow! A bunch of Barry Birthdays all in a row! We hope your day was fabulous!! And we're still praying for your job situation. The right thing is just around the corner...in Portland! Hahaha! Love & Hugs, The Schreiber clan