Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tea cups, rock walls, laser tag and a scary frog ride

Amazing Jake's-for a fun family outing, they offer it all. We were entertained there for nearly 5 hours and that's saying a lot for a family our size.

We started out at the teacups...a potentially dangerous first move. The darn ride hadn't even started and I was already regretting it. Should have been a sign when a staff member was standing guard over a 'present' left by a previous passenger who had too much of a good time. Who knew that such a little bitty tea cup could spin so fast with such little effort!! This is me saying I.Want.Off.

And so did Bill...he bailed quick enough so Eric got the cup to himself.....wish I could say the same for Luke.
Laurel and Emily had a good time, as did the boys. I made it and kept all gifts to myself!!Next up, a ride more my speed-a train that went in circles, but not FAST circles!
And the climbing wall.......Eric tried his best and got 1/3 of the way up. Bill made it all the way up. Show Off.Next up-comedic relief from the rock climbing wall. Janet, Emily and I gave it a go. 3 times I tried it and 3 times I couldn't get past this one particular point. Only once did I end up here: On my butt laughing too hard to stand up. The shoes with no treads didn't help either....really.....thankfully there weren't a bunch of people in line watching my sad attempts!
And aren't these the youngest, cutest laser tag players ever?! I wish I was talking about Bill and I, but it's really the other two. They were both so excited and proud that they got to put on those huge vests and go in and try to get us! Thankfully it was slow enough at the place that we didn't have any strangers playing at the same time. We had fun running around in the maze and getting each other. L and L laughed hysterically the whole time!The scary frog ride deserves a post all its own....and so does Janet, so it'll have to wait for tomorrow....stay tuned...it's some funny stuff!!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

great pic of you sitting there laughing. put a giant smile on m face.