Friday, March 27, 2009

A bunch of monkeys in the park

A fun filled afternoon at the park......with a bunch of monkeys hangin' around!! Swings just for kids? Monkey bars just for kids? Sand in the shoes just for kids? I think NOT!!
When I was in elementary school, I LOVED the monkey bars. My friends and I would run as fast as we could to the bars at recess and yell 'tap tap my bar' and then we'd start practicing our tricks. Cherry drops, Death drops...anyone remember those? They required flipping off bars with no hands. I think I'm lucky I didn't crack my head open!! It was fun, all be it a bit humbling, to try and get up on those bars again.......Laurel had to try too! I didn't try any flipping though-for obvious reasons.
And the both of them....Swings? Not my favorite, but a hit with these guys-and with this giant monkey too.......And of course there are the many uses for stationary camels found on playgrounds-and other playground equipment.....

A day in the park with these terrific kids won't soon be forgotten.

4 comments:

Regina said...

werent death drops where you start out sitting on the bar then fall back and flip off without holding on?
r

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Yes they were...and I was so proud of myself when I was the first of our group to do it!!

Robin said...

I was never brave enough to do a death drop!
And for the record I'm jealous of your camera. Great pictures!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

it looks like everyone had a fantastic time! that makes me miss my playground days...