Monday, March 30, 2009

Frogs and bowling balls

Poor Luke...he was sick this weekend with fever and cough and what I thought was pink eye but actually was a different type of eye infection. Blame it on Amazing Jake's. I even commented while we were there that it would be a miracle if we got out of the place without catching some weird illness.....figures! He's starting to feel better although he's not so thrilled with eye drops AND oral anitbiotics. We've had a good run of healthy kids around here, so it was bound to happen.

So, back to the scary frog ride-it's really not a scary frog ride. See, my kids thought it was a blast:
However, poor Janet, she had a different opinion. She is an experienced Frog Hopper Ride rider. She's ridden it before and according to Tyler and Emily, their mom got a little freaked out by the experience. Something about feeling like she might fall out of the ride? So, she was made to go again this visit with us. I'd like to think I helped her work through her phobia...probably because she was more worried about peeing her pants since we were laughing so hard! See, she looks a little worried in this one-But now she's just worrying about the pee part-While not our most photogenic moment, I think it's hilarious that our faces have the exact same expression!! Love ya Janet....The big boys (and Em) had to have a turn too.

After all the frog hopper fun we could handle, we headed on over to the bowling alley......look at this girl's form.....a natural I think!And Eric? Well, his tongue HAD to be out.....I think it helped him balance!And then there's Mr. IamsogoodatbowlingIbeatyouall-perhaps Kevin beat him...I can't remember exactly, but he beat the majority of us!
Daddy tried to help out his little girl-she just couldn't get enough forward momentum going so he tried the airplane lift. It didn't help. It did make for a fun picture though!Bowling for Luke was more like watching a shot put match. That boy could sure throw the ball well....which is great for any other game besides bowling! But he made it look good-I can bowl too. Shocking, I know.The whole bowling alley was lit with black light, so I liked this next picture since I could actually see the true colors of the bowling balls. It was such a fun night and 2 days jammed with more of the same. As we pulled out of our hotel the next morning to head home, look what was parked in front of the office!!!
How'd you like this for a license plate?I wish I were....hmmm......listening to something other than poor Luke hack in his sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh....so funny!!! It makes me laugh all over again when I look at the pictures! Maybe by next year I will be able to keep my eyes open when I hop on the frog hopper! What fun times! Miss you! Janet

Jen Vasquez said...

That's the cutest picture of Laurel bowling!

KT said...

I love Laurel's ruffled socks with her bowling shoes. :) -Katie

The Wades said...

Love the Wienermobile. Way cool. Looks like fun times.