Monday, March 9, 2009

Mind Management Monday

Here it is, another Monday preceded by a full weekend of activities. It was a great weekend- lots of fun and lots of photo opportunities...so I apologize ahead of time for the number included in the post but the purpose of this is to preserve memories! It was also nice to be able to 'forget' about the current job situation, well, at least for brief moments at a time.
So, spring soccer is NOT all it's cracked up to be. It is cold in the mornings and this weekend we got to experience spectator soccer while contending with gale force winds. Sheesh! It was so bad that if I got up out of my chair without asking someone to hold it down, the chair was likely to blow over. Sand in the nose and ears is kinda gross! I was good this weekend and remembered to take pictures at Eric's game. He scored a goal too!

And the spectators? Here we are enjoying the warmth (not) during Eric's 2pm game. Notice the blankets, hats, gloves......Thankfully Laurel let me convince her to wear a hat. I knew that brushing her hair out after a wind whipped day would have meant 10 minutes spent listening to her cry and whine.

Lookin' good Hollywood!


I like this one of Bill coaching Gregory and Nicholas while Coach Greg keeps his eyes on the game. They make a great team...our team is very lucky...and no, I'm not partial!!This weekend was also the Cub Scout District Pinewood Derby Race. Bill and the boys took the cars early Saturday morning but were unable to watch the races because of soccer. Eric finished 3rd out of all the top Tiger Scouts (I think there were 15+ racers) and received a cool trophy! The front trophy is his original 1st place within his own den award and the tall one in back is the new one he won Saturday.Jacob placed 6th within the top Webelos. This is a picture of all the cars he has made for derbys. He placed 1st within his own den.And Gregory won the 'Most original' trophy for his car in the Show competition! He was mighty happy. Same thing, this picture shows all the cars he has made.And Sunday we enjoyed church....we went to later mass because going to our usual 9am mass would have meant it was really like 8am since we had the time change. So, we went to 10:30 and grinned when we saw people walking in close to the end thinking they were there for the start of 10:30!! Gotta love daylight savings.....well, not really. After church we spent a wonderful afternoon with some terrific, heart-warming, you-can't-help-but-love-them, people. Luke and Laurel's godparents! This family is just so great and we are blessed to know them. They have 2 boys-Will is 14 and Thomas is 10. All my kids adore them....of course are there any kids my kids don't adore? But honestly, these boys are so sweet. We played some team pool....mom and dad versus mom and dad...I think they won 3 games to zip.....but it was fun, especially considering I can't remember the last time I picked up a pool cue. I did actually sink quite a number of balls (5 maybe, but hey, in my book, that's a lot!)....

Pool Shark Bill

Here I am trying my best while also trying to keep my integrity in tact...it's no wonder women pool players wear tight fitting tops!!Miss Laurel just hangin' out!Luke was camera shy and I couldn't get him to smile! The boys tried playing pool and they teamed up with Will and Tom for a game. Gregory is right handed but he insisted on holding the cue the wrong way...oh well....at least money wasn't on the line!!Will and Laurel...

I was joking with Bill saying now she has 6 big brothers to watch out for her...poor girl. Oh, and her godfather works for the Sheriff's department.....can you tell he'll always be watching out for her?


And last but not least...the moms....Teri and Cari. Teri is amazing and I just love her to pieces!!The weekend ended with a trip to a friend's to pick out some clothes for Laurel and Luke (we're all gearing up for our twins club sale). That's one of my favorite things to do...Laurel's too. And now, we are back to the weekly grind, the 'what to do about your job' grind, the 'we've got a lot to get done this week' grind AND it's finally raining here!!! I love rainy days. I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.

3 comments:

The Wades said...

I recognize Teri. She seems really sweet to me. Glad you guys have each other.

It seems like you are always having pinewood derby. You are such crazy, busy people!!

I'm excited for the weather to warm up. We got a tease in the weeks past. The wind is what really, really gets me.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

looks like a great weekend!

Regina said...

i certainly DO NOT miss the wind!! glad you are having some rain, we are getting snow today
r