Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mind Management Monday

This weekend went by quickly, despite the fact the kids were home Thursday and Friday from school because of parent teacher conferences. I am very lucky, my boys WANT to go with me to work and enjoy helping out in my class and also in Luke and Laurel's. Gregory helped out in L and L's, Jacob helped out in mine and Eric went to help another class.....funny thing was he only stood an inch or 2 taller than the boys in the 4/5 year old class. He's our shrimp! After we got home the kids enjoyed some doggy playtime
and good old rock smashing.
Friday....pretty sure we just hung out at home...see, it's been over 2 days and so of course I can't remember! Oh, and they had soccer practice that night. Eric enjoyed his first 'sleepover' at our good friend's house. It was Ben's birthday and he picked Eric to spend the night.....Eric was pleased as punch! They had McDonald's for dinner, watched a movie, waffles for breakfast....he had a terrific time. Luke got to sleep in his bed while he was at the sleepover. Little Lukee in that big ol' bed.....
And Saturday? All Saturday's from here on out (until April 18th) are dedicated to soccer. Well. I suppose anything else we can cram into the day, but primarily-soccer. Eric's game was first at 11:30. With the high forecasted to be 60+ degrees one would think by 11:30 the weather would be pretty nice....WRONG......one would also think that since it was the first game of the season I would remember to take a bunch of pictures.....WRONG! I had the camera with me and Eric even scored twice but I completely forgot to take it out (sorry to disappoint Michelle). I was way more with it by G and J's 2pm game. And the weather was warmer too.

And of course the monkeys had to monkey around- Ben and LaurelUp to no good and up to their shoelaces in dirt!Finishing up the game. It ended in a 2-2 tie.We ended a great day with a great dinner at Dion'sSunday...church, lunch, piano practice, cleaning, xbox 360, quiet time, homework, roller blading, fixing pinewood derby cars for the district race next weekend, tagging shoes and books for the twins club sale, laundry, cooking dinner, watching the movie Airbud and getting teary eyed when Eric, Laurel and Luke got very sad because they thought 'Buddy' was lost and not coming home....sniff, sniff....and wondering what tomorrow might bring. Lots of wondering.

2 comments:

Regina said...

praying tomorrow turns out a-ok for you guys!!
r

The Wades said...

That top soccer picture of Gregory is fantastic! Geez, you guys manage to fit so much into your days. I'm very impressed.

Cute about Eric and Ben.