Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mind Management...WEEK!

Wow, it has been a super busy 6 days. I think it'll take me a week to get it all posted since I can't post anything without pictures...must be a personal problem, but one I don't mind having. Since Friday I think I've taken over 200 pictures. That's what happens when there are 2 birthday parties, 3 soccer games and a quick trip to Phoenix to catch up with some wonderful friends!! So let the fun begin!!

A friend of mine, who I actually just got to know, recently moved from here to El Paso. Right before they moved she found out she was expecting twins...bringing their family total to 5 kids, just like ours. Bummer she had to move! They came back for the weekend to celebrate some birthdays. L and L were VERY excited to go to Build A Bear........ this is a pic of 2 of mine, 3 of Heather's, and 2 of my friend's kids (one of which was the birthday girl).
When the word was given, all the kids took off to find their animal. Laurel chose a really soft lamb that she oh-so-wisely named 'sheep'....although she changed it later to 'lamby'. We go for easy on the memory names. Luke chose a black lab puppy that he named 'lucky'. That brings the total to 2 black stuffed dogs he has named 'lucky'.
I think they were ALL happy with their new cuddly friends.....Laurel and friend!We also had Catalena with us on this day. Her mom has been pretty sick, so we picked her up and she hung out with us and went to 2 soccer games...bless her heart, but she said she really likes to go! You can see that 'lamby' had to go to the soccer game, as did 'lucky'.And because of the busy day, we got home and threw a bunch of stuff into the car so we could leave Sunday morning to visit our friends in Phoenix...who actually live in Oregon but were there visiting their own family...we were SO EXCITED to see them!!! We left early Sunday morning and got to Phoenix in time to meet them for dinner at Organ Stop Pizza....Tyler and Emily fell right in step with our happy, rambunctious kids. They dealt with the clamoring of 'sit here Tyler, sit here Emily, color this Emily, I go with you Emily, come over here Tyler'..and so on and so forth. I can't say enough kind things about them or their mom and dad!

Laurel was thrilled that I brought her crayons and paper and even more so that Emily colored with her!

Kevin and LukeAnd here we are trying to check out the organ....

The same organist was playing this night as was when Bill and I went in January. So amazing how much music he knows by memory along with all the switches and pedals he has to utilize to play it all. If you're ever in Phoenix, you HAVE to go there.

Parks and Amazing Jake's coming soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...fun times! We're so happy we got to see you, even though it went by all too quickly! We will see you again soon! Love you all and miss you already! Janet

Regina said...

aw youre poor friend! el paso is the pits!!
r