The gang's all here!
One of the favorites amongst the group was the motorcycles that rode around in the steel ball. You can't tell in this picture, but there were 3 motorcycles going round and round.....
And this guy....the human cannon ball. He is 66 years old, has 11 children (the youngest is 1yr old followed by 3 yrs old!) and he holds the record for being 'shot' the farthest. Over 200 feet up and over a ferris wheel! Crazy!!....and he did not look like he was 66 years old either. I got this picture as he was catapulted out of the cannon...the noise scared me so it's pretty blurry!
and his landing His act was the finale of the circus and after we were able to go and meet him.. You'd have thought the kids met the president as impressed as they were with the whole thing! The guy taking the picture had us say 'fire'...that's why we all look a little goofy. Gregory is modeling Mr. Cannon Ball's crash helmet.
And then the rest of the weekend fell into place. We actually got to sleep in until nearly 7:30 Saturday morning. I believe that might just be a first! More garage cleaning, the boys tried out running on the treadmill and did pretty good.....probably better than me...but that's not saying a lot. Saturday evening concluded with haircuts and watching the first half of The Karate Kid. Thank goodness the PG rating was consistent with today's PG rating. We've found that the ratings used in the 80's typically don't cut it with how they rate movies now!
Sunday...church :-).....and then we got ready to go to an ice skating birthday party! L and L stayed home with my parents and then the 5 of us tied on the ice skates and gave it our best. The boys were worried about falling but did fairly well for their first time on skates. Gregory fell once and landed with the side of his face kissing the ice. Jacob fell when he skated RIGHT in front of me and I had to make an emergency landing while providing myself as his cushion to land on. Bill fell and hurt his wrist but it seems better today. Eric? He fell plenty but seemed the least phased by it. I'll post pictures later since our camera ran out of battery power after the 4th picture I took....go figure. Have to wait for my friend to e-mail pictures from her camera.
And today? Stuff the kids don't like to do...vacuuming, putting things away, laundry. But we told them we'd try to take them to a movie later. I think we'll see Bolt, Madagascar 2 or the Tale of Despereaux. There are actually CHOICES at the $ movie theater this week! We are listening to 'Mars' by Holst at max volume...good times!
2 comments:
Sounds like a good weekend! We went to the circus Saturday and also took six kids! Ours were a bit younger though, ranging from 7 yrs to 22 months :)
Is Bolt the 3d version at the dollar theater? I might try to take the kids this weekend if it is still there, thanks for the heads up! We saw Despereaux when my sister was in town, it was cute.
I love these recaps of yours--I really do. I think I've told you that before, but that's OK. I also am a huge fan of your flashbacks.
I bet the kids really did love the circus. We haven't done that in a long time.
Post a Comment