Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mind Management Monday

OK...I'm too young to be suffering the signs of alzheimer's (I am too young, right?). My friends probably think I'm such a lamo since I can't ever seem to remember WHAT we did over the weekend! Does that ever happen to you...someone asks 'what did you do this weekend' and your mind goes absolutely blank?
please say yes....please say yes....
It happens to me more often than not, so this is my new plan-Mind Management Monday- a time to make note of what we did over the weekend so I don't feel like we did nothing! Word of caution....it may be a boring read, but it's all for my mental health :-)

Saturday: Bill had a family business meeting from 8:30 to 12 and I did the usual...referee, cook, referee, wash laundry, referee, try to figure out how to get the Apple TV thing to work, clean off the kitchen island counter -I always feel so good when that happens! Then we had lunch and since I didn't know I was going to be implenting my new plan, I've already forgotten what we did in the afternoon. Bill, Jacob, Eric and my dad went to dinner at Frontier and then the Lobo men's college basketball game. My mom, Gregory, Luke, Laurel and myself went to Dion's for dinner and then went to Sam's Club. Laurel had her panties in a twist because she wanted to go to 'Costco'.....since when does a 3 year old prefer one warehouse over another?! Came home, got munchkins ready for bed...other munchkins came home, they got ready for bed and then Bill and I watched the movie 'Untraceable' with Dianne Lane. After that we made a mess in the garage so we could do more organizing on Sunday (actually, BILL made the mess, I mostly watched). And it was midnight by the time we crashed!

Sunday: Yes, should've gone to church but felt like we got nothing done the day before so we didn't.....I know, I know. Eric had some homework to do, the boys had a ginormous mess in their room to clean up along with stripping their beds....loft beds are NOT fun to make and unmake, let me just tell ya'. I think they were in their room until 11:30 because they kept playing rather than cleaning! Oh, forgot, Parker got a bath and all his bed covers got washed too! Bill worked on some wireless computer stuff...getting ready to transform our 'formal' dining room into a homework/computer area...pictures to come. More laundry, more redirecting, more direct directing, lunch, L and L had their quiet time which really isnt' quiet, it's just them behind closed doors leaving me alone..for the most part......G and J worked with Bill in the garage to finish their handyman requirements for cub scouts. They had to change some bicycle tires, learn how to read a pressure gauge and fill them (the tires, not each other) with the proper amount of air..there was some grumbling, some frustrations, but they finally got it.
And then...first, a lot of messes were made, and for once they weren't made by the kids! A couple home projects got started, one even finished! One of our bathrooms is a 'surf theme' and it has been mirror-less since the house was built...oh, 3 years ago. We just couldn't find that perfect mirror to complete the look. It was an under utilized bathroom until recently and thankfully, we found what we needed at Ikea....I've said how much I love that place, right? So, here is the finished product:

It's actually 4 individual wavy mirrors, mounted one above the next...I think it looks great. Of course after seeing the bathroom without a mirror for 3 years, anything looks great. Too bad the mirrors covered up the one wave I painted that looked the best...oh well...

And project #2? We've been looking for a long time for a stainless exhaust hood for the kitchen...finally found one in Phoenix (you really should have seen our car/trailer when we drove home....10 solar panels, exhaust hood, ikea furniture...yikes!). And so the demo has begun in order to put it all back together properly: Step one-remove cabinet from above cook top

Step 2: Start cutting into wall to find duct work

Step 3: Smile....the kitchen won't be a mess forever, right? RIGHT?

I am so lucky that Bill can do ANYTHING!!! Wait til' you see the hood up!

3 comments:

Robin said...

I'm the same way. Someone says, "How was your weekend?" and I just go blank!

Love the wavy mirror!

Violet said...

love your bathroom!
i can't remember what i did 5 minutes ago, forget the whole weekend!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

it happens to me all the time...all the time!