A couple hours ago, after they ate lunch, Luke and Laurel took off down the hall and went to play in Eric's room. I could here them laughing and playing and I went on with my business. A bit later (15 mintues) it dawned on me......why don't I hear them? I figured they got into their bathroom and were 'washing their hands'...that means they are doing anything and everything BUT washing their hands. So, I called them.......no answer.....called them again....no answer. So I counted-usually they come quick when the numbers start spilling out of my mouth.....but no, no answer.
OK, this is weird.....so I started calling and LOOKING. Not hiding in my closet, not in their bathroom, not in THEIR closet, not under Eric's bed (the NEW place to hide), not in the dryers or face down in a toilet bowl...well, you never know......not in the garage, all the doors out of the house were still locked, they can't reach the garage door opener. Now I'm getting a bit panicked...WHERE CAN THEY BE? So my mom comes over from her house to help me look...she's calling and I start the looking process over again.
Well, just as I've almost made a complete sweep I step into Eric's room again and catch a glimpse of movement from under his art table. And there they are, sitting next to each other quiet as mice, WATCHING me..........grrrrrr........boy, did they get in trouble!!! Luke immediately started crying when he saw how upset I was at them and Laurel, well, she just thought it was funny. So I plunked them both down in timeout and then told them to NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!
It's amazing the tricks my mind can play on me when fear takes over. I knew good and well no one snatched them, I knew they hadn't gotten out...they aren't THOSE types of kids :-) and even if they did, the yards are fenced and Parker would be with them. I knew they weren't in the dryer or dangerously dangling in a toilet, but boy, it all went through my mind in those brief few moments. And I have never seen 2 three year old children be more quiet except for in the middle of the night when they are DTTWA (dead to the world aseep). Turkeys.........all in a 3 year old's day of adventure, right?
3 comments:
thankfully all turned out ok.
We have a story like that too. Mark found Catherine & Chloe asleep head-to-head in a closet after a great deal of panic and frantic searching.
I know that panic! Poor things--in their minds they were being so clever. I guess it happens to all kids--learing NOT to do that to their poor frazzled mamas. Sorry for your anguish.
Post a Comment