Friday, January 9, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

Well, really I should say 'practice keeps you from shooting your eye out'!

Yes, the boys were finally allowed to try out their BB guns...and no, they are not aiming at anything other than.........................a cardboard box stuffed with paper. They attached a target sheet to it to see how well they could do. They had to first learn how to load, handle and listen to directions before shooting. They actually listened...because they wanted to shoot the things so darn bad!! Even Bill got in on the action!I think the only reason I was supportive of Santa leaving them the BB guns is because I know it's a skill (I don't know, is BB gun shooting considered a skill?) they teach at Boy Scout camp and the boys are thrilled they'll be able to participate now. Thankfully we have a large backyard and no windows within range. And you'll notice the only one NOT holding the BB gun (c'mon, Parker can't hold a gun!) is me!! Sniff sniff...they didn't even ask if I wanted to try. They probably knew I was too good and I'd embarrass them with my skills....oh well......

1 comment:

The Wades said...

Let them practice on birds--more fun that way! ;) I'm way impressed that they got BB guns. Too cool. Now they're ready for the big ranch and hunting, Garrett style.