One more day kid free....it has been a nice few days doing what we want, when we want, eating what we want, when we want.....so, what have we done? Shopped at Ikea until they closed for the day....shopped at the Children's Place outlet....attended a very cool boat show....we have weird ideas of how to spend our time without kids, don't we? But all 3 of those would have been impossible, painful, torturous, nails on a chalkboard irritating with the 5 trailing along!! I think we are goingto try and see the new batman movie in IMAX tonight.
Last night we went to this incredible restaurant for dinner...no, not dimly lit and romantic....it was a pizza place and the entertainment was first rate! This place called 'Organ Stop Pizza' has good pizza and even better-a huge Wurlitzer Organ and an organist that every single thing he played, he played BY HEART!!! Star Wars, Jack the Knife, Mission Impossible, Fiddler on The Roof, Phantom of the Opera, That's Entertainment...and his playlist goes on and on. I took some short videos I'll post later (forgot my card reader at home) but wow, what fun!!
And can we ever go somewhere without an annoying person staying in the hotel room next door? This guy was talking on his phone at 3:45 AM......and then again at 7am like whoever he was talking to was miles away and he had to yell. Then, he was singing in the shower......oy! Hotel manners people, please!
5 comments:
Glad you are having fun. Greg left today for 10 days, so not so much fun for me.
living vicariously through you
r
are you home?? just got a comment from you so i'm wondering. if not, you enjoy your hubby!!
BTW, we also appreciate any mundane activity that does not involve having to control children. :) love ya
So glad it has been a good trip..you deserve it!
The pizza restaurant sounds like so much fun!
Cari, I used to go to Organ Stop Pizza as a child when we lived in Phoenix! I can't believe it's still there. :) We used to have so much fun singing along to the songs, playing pinball and getting ice cream. I hope it was just as magical for you as it was for me in the late 70's! :)
Julie (Erspamer) Blackman
Post a Comment