We could really use your positive thoughts and prayers for a while....how long, it's hard to say since we are waiting on Corporate America to decide. The day is drawing nearer for us to find out if Bill still has a job. The company he works for is in the process of laying of workers and because of a few new things we have heard, our optimism that Bill's job will be saved is slowly fading. It's the company he has worked for since the year before we got married, it's all we have known as parents, and it is very strange to think of how our lives may be without it. Even more so, it is scary to think that he may need to look for a job that just isn't available. He is a very very smart guy, someone who can be counted on to do anything he is asked to do. He is innovative, cost conservering and loyal to a fault. It hurts my heart to think someone may tell him he's not what they need anymore, especially after all the really great work he has done for them...I could go on and on, but I won't. I know everyone whose husband/wife is in the same situation feels the same way. We have dodged the layoffs before and have said our prayers of thanks and now we just don't know what to think. He was supposed to find out in a week or 2, but it has been delayed, although at this point, who knows.
Those of you that know us, who know Bill, please pray that he (and we) can remain positive in such difficult times and if he does get layed off, he knows what a valuable person he is-no matter what they say. Pray for those that have lost their jobs already or are in the same boat as Bill...sitting, waiting, hoping and praying. And please pray that as a mother, I will be able to handle my job as wife and mother should we have to go through unemployment and job searching. My patience will be tested, that I know. And of course, pray that he can find another job should that be the outcome.
Thank you for your friendship, whether through silent readership or commenting on a regular basis or through seeing you on a regular basis. I am glad to have you to share our great times and obviously, NOT so great times.
6 comments:
Oh Cari, how hard! I'm so sorry you're going through this. We will definitely pray!! Times really hard it a company would even consider laying off Bill. Geez. Love you guys.
Like you said - you have dodged them in the past. But I will still keep you in my prayers. Everything happens for a reason so let's remember that a plan is in the works for you guys. Keep us posted.
Karen
Wow, Cari, I will definitely be praying for you and Bill during this difficult time. Waiting is soooooo hard ~ I know. We're right there with you in the waiting room!
We are praying for you all. I can't even imagine the emotions you must be going through. But all we can do is take things one day at a time and trust that God knows what he's doing.
Honey - my heart cries along with you. All of you are so special to my heart, that I bleed when you scratch your finger. And the prayers and intercessions are flying to heaven. Even the BSF group is praying for you and your beloved! Keep that beautiful smile on your face - and we'll smile too!
Oh no! I just finally got a minute to sit down and try and catch up on your blog and read the news about Bill's job. I had no idea anything like this was going on. I'm so sorry you guys have to be going through this right now. We WILL be praying for you and know that God has you all in His hands! Love you all! Janet, Kevin, Tyler & Emily
Post a Comment