'I went to the animal fair, the birds and the beasts were there. The big baboon by the light of the moon, was combing his auburn hair. The monkey, he got drunk and sat on the elephant's trunk. The elephant sneezed, fell down on his knees an that was the end of the monk the monk, that was the end of the monk.'
Anybody know that song? It's an old one that's for sure. Well, the zoo was fun this past Monday. We were there when it opened at 9, so we enjoyed the animals before it got too busy.

The underground view (more like tunnel view) of the polar bear exhibit. They were all so excited that the polar bears were actually out and laying around-they were hooting and hollering so much that I told them the polar bears were going to go back inside to escape them if they didn't hush up!
I took this one just because it was funny seeing everyone's shadow as they looked down at the kangaroos.
Now I'm really not exaggerating when I say this...but 9 out of 10 times, we do NOT see the lions or the tigers...it's like they know they are tormenting the kids with their absence! I think they must have this rockin' habitat behind closed doors that they must prefer!! However, on this day we got very lucky.......

A few zoo docents were out with Llamas too.......
I love this one of the llama checking Luke out! He was probably just hoping Luke had a snack he could swipe.

And then the only real reason we came to the zoo? To feed the ducks. Who cares about the endangered species and other cool animals....my kids like the ducks.......so I brought a bunch of stuff with us to feed them and darn it if 2 obnoxious kids didn't keet running through all the ducks that were gathering to try and get the food. The mom half heartedly tried to scold them....that worked like a charm. It wasn't until she finally dragged them away (while the dad stood back and thoughtfully watched her struggle) that the ducks had a chance to eat and by then, Luke and Laurel had nearly emptied the stash into the pond. So no cool pictures surrounded by ducks, but I do like this one-

Kind of weird to think that after next year, there won't be anyone to take to the zoo except for on school holidays.....sniff.....
4 comments:
Looks like fun! We haven't been in a while. If this weather holds up we may have to have a field trip.
How very strange! That is a song (and really the only song I remember) that my dad sang to me when I was little. Up until recently, it was the only nursery rhyme that I knew! I have never heard anyone else sing it! Kindred spirits we are!
Sorry I haven't gotten a chance to call you back....hope all is well. Perhaps I will get a minute soon to actually pick up a telephone :)
Tonight is Must See TV (hopefully) Gotta run :)
what a fun trip, i can't wait to take the little ones again this summer!
did you take them without bill?? we've been in the mood for a zoo trip.
funny, my kids are the same. feeding the ducks is definitley a highlight.
Post a Comment