Friday, December 5, 2008

You know you're out of shape when....

Yes dear friends, this is a sure fire way to figure out that you ARE out of shape-and it doesn't seem to matter if you chase kids around and sit down for only 25 minutes total the whole day.

You know you are out of shape when you are standing in the shower and while extending your leg to shave it (obviously, this pertains to women only-at least I think-I suppose there are some men out there that shave, but they are few and far between) you notice that your quads and hamstrings seem to be rebelling and don't want to be fully extended without causing considerable discomfort. You pause, tilt your head to the side, squint your eyes and try to think in vain of WHY your legs hurt like that. You didn't run a marathon the day before, you didn't do any kick boxing or aerobic step exercise...hmm, why then, why? And then, you start to laugh at yourself and realize just how out of shape you are when you realize that the reason your legs hurt so darn much is because you sang the 'Head, Shoulder, Knees and Toes' song with the preschoolers in your class the day before.

And more than once, let's be fair now.

Anyone who knows that song knows you have to bend ALL THE WAY OVER to touch your toes-and you remember that you did actually do it about 10 times, so it could be justified (by who I don't know). Yes, apparantly you need to stretch before any strenuous song singing with your preschool class.

Just a friendly service announcement so you don't hurt yourself....like I did yesterday!

Flashback friday will have to wait for tomorrow and I'll hopefully have some of the birthday boy's early bdays to share! I'm busy dippping marshmallows, oreos and pretzels in chocolate to hand out as party favors.......1 dipped for party favor, 1 dipped for me to eat.....1 dipped for party favor, 1 dipped for me to eat...........

1 comment:

The Wades said...

I got brutally sore taking pictures this weekend at the stand! I can so feel your pain. But hey, that's a lot of squats to do.