Thursday, December 18, 2008

I am baked out...and a clarification

Clarification first. I've had a few of you ask about the big TV that we put on the wall for Eric's b-day party? Well, I should have made sure to explain that we bought a projector, not a huge TV!! We actually have an IKEA wall art hanging on the living room wall so we take it down and waa-laa, there is our 'big screen' for viewing movies through the projector!

And now for baking...I am SOOOO done! The gifts we gave to teachers, co-workers and close friends this year were gifts from my kitchen. I have made banana bread, cranberry bread, chocolate chip cookies, almond poppy seed (no, not POOPY seed) cookies, gingerbread cookies (had to make 40 of them for my class and the other 4 yr old class to decorate today), mint fudge, oreo cookie fudge, about 70 (each) chocolate dipped oreos, pretzels and marshmallows (my kids gave them out as gifts to friends as well) and a couple batches of muddy buddy mix (chex cereal coverd in melted chocolate, peanut butter and coated in powdered sugar). I'm thinkin' what you're thinkin....WHY???? I always start the season so excited to make all kinds of yummy things and then I get tired of it! 5 kids produce a lot of teachers and friends to make things for. I guess so long as it gets eaten and it makes them smile, it really is worth it. The only bummer is that I have given out just about all I made, so now I have to make more so WE can eat some!! Although Bill told me to give it all away so he wouldn't eat it!!

You know, someone told me just before Thanksgiving that they heard Americans eat an average of 600 extra calories PER DAY between Thanksgiving and New Year's......well, I'm so happy that I have done my part to contribute to the statistics!! Happy eating everyone.

2 comments:

The Wades said...

I'm above average so I eat more that 600 extra calories. I forgot about your plate of goodies. My address is 6001... ;)

Good job, super mom!

Karen said...

Way to go and with such neat and different things! All I have done are poundcakes! I hope my neighbors don't find your blog..they may expect something more :)