Saturday, December 20, 2008

Eric's class party

To round out the last week of school before Christmas, G and J's class went to Explora, a children's science museum, and Eric's class had a mexican themed holiday party. I've never seen so many taquitos, mini tacos, tortillas and chips in one place. And what were the kids mostly wanting to eat? Shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.....go figure!

I had Luke and Laurel with me-it was pretty sweet how attentive Eric was to them (and really weird too since he tends to mostly ignore them if he can at home!). He got Laurel a cup of water without her even asking for it and shared his food with Luke. Then he read a story to them...well tried to read over the noise of a full classroom anyway.

He even let Laurel nearly sit in his lap on the floor as the class got ready to sing a Christmas song!I guess he enjoyed being 'big brother' in front of his peers and it sure made me smile. Sure wish he'd do it more at home though! This is the class singing a southwestern version of The 12 Days of Christmas

And then, for the first time (I kid you not) we all sat down and watched this movie...I'm sure you can guess-

Have you seen any good holiday movies this year? We've got The Nativity, Polar Express, Elf and It's a Wonderful Life on tap!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Way to go Luke! He might be remembering who is going to visit next week ;)

The tv look awesome...I know that is a lot of fun for you guys!

Karen

The Wades said...

I love that movie. You just made me want to watch it again.