Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A few of my favorite things

We actually have some really cute pictures that I put away after Christmas every year and don't see them until the next Christmas. It's always fun to pull them out and 'remember when'. And this year I have the perfect place to display them too!
This one is of Gregory when he was about 18 months old...enjoying (NOT) his first real snow. Yep, he didn't like it much and you can see Jacob on the right hand side of the photo crying too. Needless to say that was the first and last time they cried when they saw snow.

And this was from a couple of years ago when we got 2 huge snow storms right around Christmas and New year's. The kids LOVED it...so did the washer and dryer!On Monday, my mom and I took the kids to see Santa. Everyone was excited, Luke though, not so much!! The guy who was Santa told me 'it's OK, just put him on my lap'. I didn't want to burden the poor man with a screaming 3 year old, but he told me more than once it was OK. So I plunked him down and we told them to take the picture. Fun times, great memories and Luke will think it's funny in a few years! Usually I don't take the kids to Santa, my parents do (my dad couldn't come this year) so I usually miss the hand holding and encouraging words it takes to actually get them onto his lap. Last year's picture had Laurel crying I think. Come to think of it, my mom has a great one of me screaming when I was 2 or 3 also!Ho-Ho-Ho- Merry Christmas!!

I've got so many fun things to put up here, the boys first piano recital, making a gingerbread train (just because it's a kit does NOT make it easier) and my dad's birthday. Can't wait!! It'll have to wait til' after tomorrow though. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and you are all safe and out of the crazy weather!!

1 comment:

The Wades said...

You should have visited the Santa at our Christmas Corral--how dare you visit THAT Santa??!