Monday, December 22, 2008

A conversation between the 9 year old, 7 year old and me

So, let me set the scene for you.....

I'm in the process of getting Luke and Laurel into bed when Eric enters the room
Eric: Mom, Gregory wrapped his arms around me like this and shook me
Me: OK, I'll be there in just a minute-STAY AWAY FROM YOUR BROTHERS

5 minutess later

Me: Gregory, you know you are not supposed to touch your brother like that, why did you do it? (add a little bit of irritation to my voice)

Gregory: I was trying to have a serious conversation with him and he got all goofy

Me: What were you trying to talk to him about and does it really matter if he got goofy? You still shouldn't have touched him.

Gregory: I was trying to get him to understand what it's like to be us and I asked him if he'd ever been in our shoes and he told me 'yes, I've been in your hand me down shoes'

Me: (cracking up laughing at this point, that was a hilarious response) Well, you still shouldn't have touched him (I was lacking a proper response at this point since I was trying to stifle my laughter and Gregory wasn't appreciating the fact I found it humorous)

5 minutes later while putting Eric to bed
Eric: I wasn't trying to be funny, I was just saying that I had been in their shoes, their hand me down shoes.

Oh, it was so much funnier when it happened...writing it takes some of the funny away, but it was one I had to share!!

2 comments:

The Wades said...

I still think it was funny! What a creative little mind he has. :)


Thanks again for what you did for us yesterday! YUMMO!

Karen said...

That is pretty cute!