We had a wonderful Christmas and things are slowly returning to a more normal schedule.....make that really slowly, but at least it's headed that direction. But before I can share our day, I've got to share some of the events leading up to Christmas day. This time of year is such a whirlwind and some events are so easy to overlook and so the need to look back!
For the past couple of months, my mom has been giving the boys piano lessons and last week they has their first 'recital'. They each played a couple of songs.



They were each pleased with themselves (so were Bill and I!), especially Eric who played Jolly Old Saint Nicholas by heart! We are very glad that they have the opportunity to learn how to read and play music, since it is no longer taught in the elementary schools. It's very unfortunate that's the case in our school district since both Bill and I started playing instruments in 4th grade! So, thanks Mom!!

And then it was on to art class.......word to the wise...just because a project comes in a 'Complete Kit' does NOT make it an easy project!! In fact, it might even make it harder. Last Christmas my parents gave the kids a gingerbread train kit. And no, that wasn't a typo, I meant LAST Christmas......sad but true!! So, I figured we probably should put it together this year (I was wanting to be sure there was no question that it was NOT edible). Well, it was more like a job rather than a project. I needed a degree in engineering to get it all right, thankfully the kids figured it out for me. Even Nana and Papa had to help.


Luke and Laurel had more fun eating the decorations that anything else!

Caught red handed!!

We almost used the glue gun to get all the parts to stay together .....I'm not kidding...... but the frosting finally held it all together.

The finished project...which will be seeing the bottom of a trash can soon.....well, I just don't have any use for a paper weight quite that big!

On to a bouncehouse and a birthday next!
1 comment:
I was warned by my friend Trish who was warned by her sister Tracy to NEVER buy the train gingerbread kit. Tracy said it was IMPOSSIBLE! Yours looks really cute.
Post a Comment