We really didn't go to THAT many houses, but when there are 5 of them with buckets, it adds up quickly. I remember when I was a kid, people would put like one, MAYBE two pieces of candy in my bucket. These days people are so generous (not that they weren't when I was a kid, I think candy is just easier to come by now) that they hand the kids 2,3, sometimes even 4 pieces of candy. I'm always telling them 'take one' but the homeowners are like 'oh, they can have more than that, please take more!' OK, that's so nice of them, but seriously, do they realize I'M going to be eating a lot of this? And it wasn't a bunch of the filler candy that no one will eat, it was the good stuff, the pack on the pounds kind of stuff! I don't think we'll be buying candy ANY time soon!
This is Laurel in her princess costume. The hat didn't last too long, it kept sliding backwards, but she was very happy!
Nothing fancy, but they did all the work themselves and the older boys helped Eric. So, the first holiday in the line up of the season has come and gone...now we wait for the next yummy one..Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
They look so cute! We had similar piles of candy, also sorted. I'm with you--I do most of the eating. Ugh!
The weather was fantastic this year! We were very grateful for that.
My kids still haven't carved their pumpkins. Kinda sad, but our reality. Maybe this week sometime... And to think how good I used to be about these things.
Good gracious...with five children, the candy really adds up. Unfortunately, we kept the lights out and played with the trio instead which meant no leftover candy for us this year. I am sure the next few years will be quiet different!
Glad you had such a fun time!
Karen
Post a Comment