Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Cheesecake Brownie Bar recipe

Ok, this is for those of you who were brave enough to ask for the recipe and for those of you that wanted it but didn't want to say so!! I get the Penzey's spices catalog and they have several yummy recipes in each issue. Funny, but I tend to gravitate towards the sweet recipes..hmmm...

Cheesecake Brownie Bar recipe:
1&3/4 Cups all purpose four
1&1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 sticks cold butter (this is why it's so good!)
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 14oz can condensed milk
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts (optional, I've never put these in)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In large bowl combine flour, powedered sugar, and cocoa
cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and rather dry (I use a pastry blending tool to do this or you can use your hands..I don't like butter mashed all over my hands, that's why I opt for the other way)
Reserve 2 cups of mixture for later use
Press remaining mixture into bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan (glass works best)
Bake crust for 15 minutes.
While you are waiting, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, add in condensed milk until smooth then add egg and vanilla extract.
Pour mixture over baked crust.
Top the cream cheese with 2 cups of cocoa mixture (if using the walnuts, mix them into the 2 cups) Sprinkle the mixture, pretty much covering the entire surface of the cream cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes until bubbly
Chill (have to do this step, they aren't very good at room temp) cut, store in fridge, get out of fridge every 20 minutes and eat a square until they are all gone. Shouldn't take you very long!

Hope you went out and voted......

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thanks for the recipe. I think it's going to have to wait until the halloween chocolate it gone though!