Friday, October 31, 2008

Flashback Friday: Oh the people you'll meet

Today, I have met many a famous figure in history. A multitude of past presidents. How am I so privileged and whom did I meet? Bill Clinton, George Bush, Jimmy Carter.....and only because my boys have a terrific school where all the 4th graders were assigned a president and had to prepare a poster with plenty of information and come to school today dressed as their assigned president. And so I give you (drumroll please) James Buchanan and Lyndon B Johnson!

Can you tell who is who? Don't feel bad if you say no, the only give away would be the VERY white hair versus paritally white (supposed to be gray). Jacob was Lyndon B Johnson (he did all his work in school and yes, I just noticed what you probably just noticed...nice)
and Gregory was James Buchanan.

And this was a very good representation of Bill Clinton...great make up job!
A bunch of the other grade level classes were going to come through this morning and meet all the presidents in the living museum. I think the 4th graders all seemed to be getting a kick out of it and were receptive to having questions asked of them about their president.

And one other famous person I met today? Richard Simmons.....let's go work out people!
Actually, this is Ken, the guy who cuts my hair, has known me since I was 6 and cut my hair since I was in middle school (AFTER that horrendous haircut in the 6th grade mind you), did my hair for all my high school dances (minus a few my mom and I did) and for my wedding day. He adores Luke and Laurel and has a picture in his drawer at his station of the 5 kids and pulls it out at will to show people and tell them 'she has 5 kids, 2 sets of twins and one in the middle...can you believe that?' And I'm really not making that up....I've been sitting in the chair when he's done it before. He makes me smile! And no, he doesn't dress like this everyday, it's strictly a Halloween costume!

So, tonight is the big collection night. We are going to my in-laws neighborhood. My MIL likes to decorate the outside of the house as fancy as most people decorate for Christmas. The kids love it and it's a pretty safe neighborhood. We went to the pumpkin stand once more today.....Laurel was very bummed that she could only find one tiny pumpkin. I like this one of her even though she looks a bit tired. Happy Halloween All!!!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Have fun tonight! We will be at a church carnival.

The Wades said...

I think she looks adorable there! Sorry about the small pumpkins--that was my fault. I thought we were getting too many. Shows what I know!

I am so impressed w/ the boys and their presidential attire. :) Cute stuff.

Anonymous said...

That last one of Laurel needs to be blown up and framed. I think it would be precious in b&w too! She is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love the 'new' Ken! I didn't even recognize him! And the picture of Laurel is precious - save me a copy