He always has an opinion about what I pick out for him to wear for the day...even his underwear.
He sees things as they are, for example:
Luke: I wanna wear my sweashirt today
Me: That's not a sweatshirt, that's a turtle neck.
Luke (in a whiny/cry voice, sounding a little worried): But where's the turtle? I don't see da turtle.
Me: Honey, it's just called a turtleneck, there is no real turtle!
Luke: Then am I going to turn into a turtle?
Really, where did the term turtleneck come from? He's got a point, where's the turtle?
And now, he's outside with a man who is fixing a weather station (my parents keep track of 'stuff' with it for the national weather service) and asking him lots of questions. I went out to make sure he wasn't completely irritating the man, but he said he was actually asking intelligent questions. Then Luke comes running inside and tells me that he has to show the man his construction book. So he grabs it from his cubby, tucks it under his arm and trudges back outside to show the man.
He can try my patience and make me want to string him up by his toes sometimes but he can be so sweet, innocent and smoochable! He's a lot like Eric-social and outgoing and not afraid to get in the middle...even if he's not invited!!
Oh, he just came back in and is going back out with his remote control truck 'that he has to show that man'!!
2 comments:
What an absolutely adorable picture. What a heart-breaker he's going to be!
I completely agree w/ auntiek!
I think you have another gifted one!
Post a Comment