Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Make New Friends

I have a new friend and Heather is her name

And at the end of every day, I'm pretty sure we feel the same


The teeth are brushed, the books are read, the lights are now all dark


And we each have a smile pasted on our face that says 'I win'



For you see, in the dark, sleep our singleton child and our two sets of TWINS!!!



Yes, there is another mom, that lives within 10 minutes of me, that knows how busy the days are with two sets of mulitples and one singleton.......how rewarding the days can be yet how completely unproductive they can be at the same time (not that all moms don't feel the exact same way). Heather moved away when she was about 32 weeks pregnant with her second set of twins and we chatted by e-mail, briefly thrown together by our unique situations. And then 18 months later, they moved back!!
We went to her house for a play date and Laurel was thrilled, since Heather has 3 girls and they are the older of the 5, her youngest twins are boys. So, like I said, Laurel was in girly dress up heaven..lots of princess dresses to play in.....oh, yeah, Luke tried one of the dresses on too...
but darn, the camera wasn't working!!

I know I'll be able to learn a lot from her with all those girls and maybe I can share a bit with all my boys! Kinda funny to think....2 moms, 4 sets of twins, 6 pregnancies, 10 children, 6 boys and 4 girls. And her twin girls go to the same preschool that I work at!! Good to know that if I go crazy, I probably won't be alone for long :-)

2 comments:

The Wades said...

you twins people are so snotty! ;)

cute shots.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Cari! I foresee lots of playdates in y'alls future. And, yes, y'alls is a word, by the way!!!!! :-)