Saturday, September 27, 2008

Always be prepared

Although the little ones are now 3, I've decided I must still remain prepared for those 'unfortunate' situations....as was previously mentioned a couple posts ago. But today was just another reminder that I perhaps should still keep a spare set of clothes available. We were at Costco, after dropping Bill and Eric off at one soccer game trying to kill some time before G and J's game.

So we're merrily shopping along, sharing a rather large cup of ice cream (everything at costco has to come in LARGE sizes!) when I look at Luke and discover he's about the color of a white sheet. I ask him if his tummy hurts and he mumbles 'uh-huh'...so we high tail towards the restrooms..me willing him silently to NOT THROW UP in the middle of Costco. So we make it to the bathrooms, rush him into the stall and he burps a little burp and then throws up in the toilet....we couldn't have timed it any better! Then I thought 'dear Lord, please do NOT let him have diarrhea' because I have no change of clothes in the car and no time to go home should I need to. Like I said, maybe I should keep hauling around a spare set of clothes for him and for me too.

He was just fine after all that, although I was somewhat prepared-I snagged a box from the cashier in case he had to hurl in the car. I'm thinking he must have gotten an air bubble or something in his tummy and that's what sent him over the edge. I'm so thankful that it doesn't look like something contagious the 5 of them could pass around. Contagious bugs are NOT a good thing in a family of 7.

Of course, while I was trying to keep the Costco floors clean, Eric scored 2 goals and earned himself an ice cream treat...no pictures of it, go figure....G and J played a good game altough they lost 4-0. Gregory was goalie for the second half of the game and at one point he came out of the goalie box to try and snag the ball....well, he snagged it alright, with his face! Yep, took one in the nose and came out with a bloody nose. I ran over to help out and there I find Jacob with a nose bleed too. The few kleenex's that Bill had in the soccer bag were MIA, so we used cotton balls. I had plenty of kleenex-in the car, way over THERE. Don't know exactly how Jacob got his, but it kept going on and off for the next couple hours.....yuck.....So, once again, be prepared, bring spare clothes AND kleenex. Just my bit of friendly advice for the week.

1 comment:

The Wades said...

I am so impressed you made it. Good for you making it to the bathroom! I always love a happy vomit ending. :)