Of course, there are COUNTLESS moments, but today I am choosing to highlight poop. Yep....poop.....that happens to keep ending up in Luke's underwear, rather than in the potty. Well, it ended up in the potty eventually, but only because I put it there..like this:
Mmmm-hmmm..I agree...gross....sorry, I hope you didn't just finish dinner. Why did I even take this picture you ask? So one day, year's from now, when I recall to his wife what a sweet, angelic, compliant child he was, I can be reminded that at times he WASN'T!! The child that eats all his fruits and veggies first off his plate is the one who keeps holding onto his poop for days on end. We skipped soccer practice tonight-no way in heck did I want to be in the middle of a park and hear him say 'mommy, I need to go' (not that it would result in anything different than at home...).
So now I get to go and wring out dirty underwear all the while with a disgusted look upon my face. Luke will look on and apologize profusely and promise not to do it again....yeah, right......
Gee, I sure hope I haven't tarnished your opinion of my little Luke (or me for that matter, what mom blogs about poop?), he really is a good boy on all other accounts. I guess God had to give us one problem potty-er (though if memory serves me right, I think Eric was too). This too shall pass...into the potty hopefully, right?
4 comments:
I can't believe you posted that picture! Poor Luke, he'll get it eventually.
HAHAHAHAAAAA, dang sis, you crack me up!! I can remember going through this with Sophia and Alex is next on deck and you went and brought back ALL those memories.....THANKS!!
I am glad you blogged about poop! I have a great poop picture from when Abby was a baby, but Beth won't let me scrap book it, everytime I pull it out I am reminded "friends don't let friends scrap poop" Well, now I might have to scan it and blog about it :)
I blog about my dog EATING poop if that makes you fell any better.
Have you tried making him clean it up? (with your supervision, of course.) I know it would be annoying and messy, but it might make him stop.
You have my sympathies. Love ya
Post a Comment